A firewall is considered a first line of defense in protecting private information. It is a network security system designed to prevent unauthorized access to or from a private network. Firewalls can be implemented as both hardware and software, but the ideal configuration will consist of both. In addition to limiting access to your computer and network, a firewall is also useful for allowing remote access to a private network through secure authentication certificates and logins.
Types of firewalls
- Packet Filtering firewalls: Looks at each packet entering or leaving the network and accepts or rejects it based on user-defined rules. Packet filtering is fairly effective and transparent to users, but it is difficult to configure. In addition, it is susceptible to IP spoofing.
- Application level Gateway (Proxy firewalls): Applies security mechanisms to specific applications, such as FTP and Telnet servers.
- Circuit-level Gateway: Applies security mechanisms when a TCP or UDP connection is established. Once the connection has been made, packets can flow between the hosts without further checking.
- Stateful Inspection Firewalls: These firewalls combine both packet inspection technology and TCP handshake verification to create a level of protection greater than either of the previous two architectures could provide alone.
- Next-generation firewalls (NGFW)– provides capabilities beyond a standard firewall. Next Generation Firewalls (NGFWs) blend the features of a standard firewall with quality of service (QoS) functionalities in order to provide smarter and deeper inspection. includes additional features like application awareness and control, integrated intrusion prevention, and cloud-delivered threat intelligence.
Why Cisco firewalls?
- Cisco firewalls prevent breaches automatically to keep the business moving.
- Cisco Firewall enhance visibility to detect and stop threats fast.
- To Automate operations to save time and reduce complexity.
What is a Cisco ASA?
Cisco ASA is a security device that combines firewall, antivirus, intrusion prevention, and virtual private network (VPN) capabilities. It provides proactive threat defense that stops attacks before they spread through the network.
Beyond being a firewall ASA can do the following:
- IDS/IPS engine
- VPN device
- SSL device
- Content inspection
We are the leading Cisco partner and dealers of Cisco products and equipment in Nairobi Kenya. We also ship to all East African countries, namely Uganda, Tanzania, Somalia, Ethiopia, South Sudan, Rwanda and Burundi.
Note: You can expect our quote withing 24 hours.
Delivery period is 48 hours to 2 weeks.
For further assistance please call us on +254205147026, +254735257922 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Firewall Sizing Guide Tool
Use the form in the link below to help us get the right solution for you: https://victorockkenya.com/firewall-sizing-guide/
WE ARE PROUD TO BE ASOCIATED WITH: